The Oakland Group and its associates provide their services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit our store, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
When you visit The Oakland Group or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of The Oakland Group or its content suppliers and protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of The Oakland Group, with copyright authorship for this collection by The Oakland Group, and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
License & Site Access
The Oakland Group grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of The Oakland Group. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site orits contents: any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices: any derivative use of this site or its contents: any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant: or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of The Oakland Group. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of The Oakland Group and our associates without express written consent.
You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing The Oakland Group name or trademarks without the express written consent of The Oakland Group. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by The Oakland Group. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of The Oakland Group so long as the link does not portray The Oakland Group, its associates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any The Oakland Group logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
The Oakland Group trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not The Oakland Group, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits The Oakland Group. All other trademarks not owned by The Oakland Group or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by The Oakland Group or its subsidiaries.
Your Membership Account
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
If you are under 18, you may use our web site only with involvement of a parent or guardian. The Oakland Group and its associates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Reviews, Comments, Emails & Other Content
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of spam.
You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. The Oakland Group reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant The Oakland Group and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
You grant The Oakland Group and its associates and sublicenses the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post: that the content is accurate: that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity: and that you will indemnify The Oakland Group or its associates for all claims resulting from content you supply. The Oakland Group has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. The Oakland Group takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Risk Of Loss
All items purchased from The Oakland Group are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This basically means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
The Oakland Group and its associates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, The Oakland Group does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by The Oakland Group itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY The Oakland Group ON AN AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS. The Oakland Group MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, The Oakland Group DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The Oakland Group DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM The Oakland Group ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. The Oakland Group WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting The Oakland Group, you agree that the laws of the UK, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and The Oakland Group or its associates. The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to The Oakland Group or to products you purchase through The Oakland Group shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in UK, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate The Oakland Group intellectual property rights, The Oakland Group may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of UK, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association.
The arbitrators award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
Site Policies, Modification & Severability
Please review our other policies, such as our Shipping and Returns policy, posted on this site. These policies also govern your visit to The Oakland Group. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Returns & Refunds Policy
Although we offer all our Customers a 7-day money-back guarantee on all our products. If you are not satisfied with your item, you can return it for a refund. Please note, you will be refunded, minus 20% of the total transaction fee. This is to cover the Debit/Credit Card charge that our Card Processor charges us and a restocking fee from the manufacturer. If you are applying for a refund your order must be under 7 days old from the original date of purchase. The item must be in resalable condition before any refund is given. This will apply to each individual item of your order that you are returning. A resalable condition is regarded as an Unopened Box.
We do not offer a full refund return service for incompatible products. You must check that a product is compatible for your needs before purchasing it from The Oakland Group. Failure to do this will result in a rejected Return should it be decided that you did not sufficiently check the compatibility between the product you purchased and your current hardware. However as we can understand this frustration we have implemented a new way in which to assist if it is decided that the incompatibility is one that could not have been discovered before purchasing. In this case we will allow a return on this item there will be a 5% handling charge to pay on the total of your order for the administration and processing time it takes to return this item. This decision is solely at the discretion of The Oakland Group Management. If the item is faulty then it should not be returned as an incompatible return. The Oakland Group does not replace items in advance, and all warranties are Return to Base only.
Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA - Conditions Returns WILL NOT be accepted unless complete information is provided including:
Please make sure to go over your information carefully before submitting your return to us.
2. You must clearly state on the OUTSIDE of the package of your return the RMA number we give you, next to our Returns Address. Failure to do this will mean that your return is rejected. Please ONLY return the item to the address we provide to you when we email you to confirm your return.
3. Product(s) authorized for return must be returned with all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards, all other accessories however small and documentation provided by the manufacturer.
4. All returns must be received within 14 days of receiving e-mail confirmation from The Oakland Group with the RMA Number. Late or incomplete returns may be subject to refusal. The 14 day period will NOT be extended or reassigned. Please do not return your item until one of our Technical Support Department contacts you to confirm.
5. Please note that original shipping charges are not refundable under any circumstances, and you, the customer, are responsible for safely returning the item to us by courier. You, the customer, are liable for the cost of the return in all cases excluding mis-shipped items. In the event of a mis-shipped item being sent out The Oakland Group will pay the cost of the return of the mis-shipped item up to and not exceeding £10 ex VAT. This maybe extended for exceptionally large orders, but you must contact The Oakland Group directly before returning the item to disuss and confirm this. In the event that your mis-shipped item costs more than £10 ex VAT to return to us, and we consider the cost excessive, we will refund only £10 ex VAT towards the cost of that return. In all other cases the cost of returning an item is solely at the customers expense, The Oakland Group does not offer a collections service. Computer components and peripherals are exceptionally fragile. Items that are not packed correctly will be rejected and your entitlement to a replacement or refund will be void. We suggest you use a service that can provide "proof of delivery". As The Oakland Group will not be liable for items lost or damaged in transit when returned to us.
6. RMAs are issued for specific products only. Please do not send other items not covered by the RMA.
7. Any RMA returned found to be modified, altered, tampered with or not to be defective will incur a £20 + VAT testing charge plus return shipping costs. This will be charged to the credit or debit card used on your order and must be paid before the product is returned to you.
8. If you are applying for a refund your order must be under 30 days old. If your product is not in a resalable condition you will be charged a restocking fee of 20% of the total original order. This will apply to each individual item of your order that you are returning. A resalable condition is regarded as an Unopened Box.
9. After 30 days from invoice date we will replace repair or supply an equivalent part or better item you are not entitled to a refund after 30 days.
10. For items lost in transit, a refund can only be issued once it has been clearly established that the order has been lost. In all cases of lost in transit orders, a refund can not be issued until after 14 days of the original delivery arrival date. This provides enough time for our web team to track the lost order and to confirm it is either lost or can be recovered by us. After the 14-day period, should no clear answer have been reported from the courier as to the whereabouts of the delivery, we can issue a refund at the managers discretion. Please contact us and confirm your preference of a refund, at which time the refund process will begin.
11. Late Deliveries. If the delivery for your order is late, please allow up to 7 days for arrival before contacting us. Unforeseen delays can occur once you order has been shipped, and this may incur a 1 or 2 day delay. If you order has not arrived within 7 working days of the shipping date (your shipping date will be confirmed by an email when the order ships) then please contact us by Opening a New Support Ticket. To do this you must login to your account and go to the Support Ticket section and Create a New Ticket. Please remember to include the ORDER NUMBER within the ticket. You must make sure you have contacted us and reported the late delivery no later than 14 days after the original order shipping date. Failure to do this may result in long delays in finding your lost package. Any late delivery reports sent in over 28 days after the original order shipping date may result in dismissal of the claim if we are unable to locate your order via the courier.
12. If you have any problems with your delivery or goods within your order, i.e. faults, damage or defects you must notify us within 7 days of receiving your order. You must notify us in writing either by Support Ticket, Email, Fax or in Written Form. Please Note: Our warranty does not apply to faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse. All returned items will be fully tested and if it is believed the fault is not covered by our warranty, again you will incur a £20 + VAT testing charge plus return shipping costs. This will be charged to the credit or debit card used on your order and must be paid before the product is returned to you. The full RMA procedure can take up to 28 days for full completion after receiving your returned item. Although we attempt to complete all returns as quickly as possibly, please allow up to 28 days for completion. The Oakland Group accepts no responsibility for any damage to persons or equipment caused by the use of these components. We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose or compatibility of individual products, and you should check specifications and suitability with manufacturers before ordering. The above conditions do not affect your statutory rights and will be operated in condition with the sale of goods act under UK law.
Please also review our Shipping & Returns procedures, which also govern your purchasing experience with us.
Alternate Delivery Address
Should you decide to have an order shipped to a separate Delivery Address from your cards registered Billing Address, then you will have to provide a Proof of Identity before your order is dispatched. A Proof of Identity is one of the following:
Utility Bill with your name and Address on, less than 3 months old. (Can NOT be a Mobile Phone Bill or Cable/Sky Television Bill) Copy of your Drivers License - Provisional also accepted. Once we have received this information by Fax to 01905 757722 we will release your order for delivery. If Your First Order Exceeds £350.00. We exercise the right to ask you to provide a Proof of Identity if your very first order with The Oakland Group is over £350.00 in total. As fraud is affluent on the internet we have to take precautions to protect not only ourselves but also our customers. Therefore if a first total order is over £350.00 inc VAT then we may ask you to provide one of the following:
1. Utility Bill with your name and Address on, less than 3 months old. (Can NOT be a Mobile Phone Bill or Cable/Sky Television Bill)
2. Copy of your Drivers License - Provisional also accepted. Once we have received this information by Fax to 01905 757722 we will release your order for delivery. We will only ask you to provide this information for us once, after this all other orders totals may exceed £350.00 without need of PoD. Further to this if we feel that an order is an attempt at FRAUD we exercise the full right to cancel this order without any notification to the customer. This is solely at Management discretion. Please note: It is the Customers responsibility to ensure all delivery address information is correct. Failure to provide the correct information can result in the order being delivered to the wrong address. At this point if we can recover the item for you we will, but the redirection costs of the shipping will fall to the Customer. Likewise, if you decide to cancel the order, the cost of recovering the item and having it brought back to our warehouse will be taken out of your refund. So please double check all delivery information BEFORE you confirm your order. The Oakland Group can not be held responsible for customer error.
Please note that to cancel your order, you must cancel it before it reaches the Ready to Ship status. If you cancel after this point you will be liable for a 20% restocking fee.
Our Details : Oakland Air Control Ltd, Prescott Drive, Warndon Business Park, Worcester, WR4 9NE.